Join Our Team!
Homeslice is a micro shop at Bow Market in Somerville's Union Square. We are the studio shop for Islay's Terrace (hand-stitched embroidery and fiber arts) and Jillian Audrey Photography. We also carry a curated collection of handmade goods from more than 50 other artists and makers. Our style is fun, eclectic, and definitely cozy.
We are looking for a part-time shop assistant who is creative, outgoing, passionate about handmade, and interested in helping a small business grow!
We are looking for help during the upcoming holiday season! We are looking for someone to work one day a week (appx. 6-8 hrs./week), with weekend availability at least two days per month.
This job might be right for you if... you like small business. Are creative. Like people. Enjoy making things. Enjoy stuff that other people made. Like being in a community of small businesses. Are excited to learn.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Opening/closing the store, assisting customers, transactions at our shop
- General shopkeeping: rearranging items, tidying up, inventory restocking and updates
- Assisting with product finishing
- Packaging, labeling and stickering products
- Posting to social media
- Packaging and shipping orders and in-store pickups
We will provide all the skills you need for product production and watching our shop. Pay is $13-15 depending on current experience.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- We are a tiny operation and need someone punctual and reliable who we can count on!
- Someone who is detail-oriented and can follow directions
- Weekend availability at least two times per month
- Commitment to working through December 2019
- Must be comfortable and enjoy talking with customers!
- Familiarity with Square (our current point of sale system) -- not mandatory but definitely a bonus!
- Sales, retail or marketing experience a plus!
Think you're a good fit? Send an email to Jillian (hi, I'm the owner here at Homeslice) to email@example.com with either a resume and short cover letter OR skip the formal cover letter junk and send an email with a short description about yourself, where you went to school/what you studied, your work background, your current availability, and why you think you would be a good fit at our shop.