Spring Vibes Hand-Spun Bulky Targhee Wool Yarn
Hand-spun and hand-dyed yarn, made right here in the studio! Each of my bulky yarns is made from extra squishy roving which I hand-dye one at a time (which means that each yarn turns out differently.) I then hand-spin the fiber on my spinning wheel.
- FIBER: Targhee Wool -- super squishy and soft
- WEIGHT: Extra Bulky
- YARDS: Appx. 75
- COLORWAY: Greens, blues and a dash of mustard yellow
- CARE: Handwash cold
- Dyed and spun by hand (with a traditional spinning wheel!)
What can you make with a skein of this bulky, squishy yarn? This yarn is perfect as an accent in super chunky sweaters, perfect for a hat (you might be able to get a full hat out of it depending on the pattern or your knitting, otherwise I recommend using it in combination with a solid commercial yarn and doing stripes!), a chunky cowl mixed with commercial yarn, mittens or an ear warmer.
Why does my hand-spun yarn come in different/random yardage? Because spinning is not exact and I aim for a "chunky" and bulky spin so I end up which means I end up with different yardage as a result. It can also just depend on how the fiber itself was processed. Each hand-spun yarn starts with approximately 4 ounces of fiber, but can end up anywhere from 40-70 yards of yarn. 40 yards will mean it's a little thicker/chunkier, 70 will mean it's a little longer but less chunky but the fiber involved is the same.
MEET THE MAKER
Hand-stitched embroidery and fiber arts made right here in our studio shop by owner Jillian. Each pieces is lovingly crafted by hand and inspired by Jillian's love of nature, textiles, color, bold designs, and lettering. When she's not stitching she can be found operating this little shop, photographing, writing or with her four fur babies including shop dog, Watson.
Sending your purchase direct to a friend or loved one? I'm happy to wrap it as a gift!
- Our gift packaging includes colorful tissue paper and recycled shredded paper (if it's an item that's boxed and not shipped flat).
- We'll also remove any price tags.
- I can also include a hand-written gift note.
To mark your order as a gift:
- Use the message box at checkout to let us know it's a gift and include your requested gift message. If you forget this step, just email Homesliceshop@gmail.com within an hour of ordering.